- Trekking Tour
1 Day Trek
The Honey Trail to Nong Lom Lake
Location: Dong Natad Provincial Protected Area, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR
- Learn how local people collect wild honey and therefore how this trek got its name.
- Visit a working salt mine and observe traditonal processes still in use.
- Try some of the forest products used for food, medicine, fuel and other purposes.
- Listen to the music of the forest created by the birds, insects and animals.
- Visit the beautiful Nong Lom lake.
- Walk under the towering trees in a spectacular emerald forest.
- Learn about traditional village crafts, including weaving, and production of mats and torches.
- Visit the spiritual heart of Savannakhet, That Ing Hang stupa, one of the most important regligious site in Laos.
- If you are lucky you may encounter monkeys which are considered sacred.
1 Day Trek: DongNatad- Honey trail to Nong Lom Lake
1 pax: US$ 42
2-3 pax: US$ 26 / pax
4-7 pax: US$ 22 / pax
8-10 pax: US$ 16 / pax
Maximum group size 10
Depart from: Savannakhet Eco-Guide Unit ( or pick up at guest house)
Start time: 8:00 am
End at : 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day trek
Departure date: Daily
Grade: Easy trekking
Meal: Lunch (1 meals), is local Lao food. Sticky rice, Vegetarian food is available upon request.
What’s included: Hotel/ guesthouse pick up and all transportation during the trek,Transport to / from Savannakhet from other provinces is not included, Provincial and village guide service. All meals and home stay during the trek, entrance fee for stupa, Drinking water during the trek, contribution and village development funds, all tax and service charges.
- As parts of Dong Natad forest are considered sacred, please follow all instructions from guides and local people.
- Do not hunt wildlife or damage plants.
- Do not take products out of the forest without first checking with your guide.
- Tell the guide if you see anything wildlife.
- Do Not destroy or remove any ancient relics.
- Never give medicine or food to villagers, particulary children.
- Do not bring alcohol in to That In Hang stupa.
- When visiting the villager's house, do not enter the owner's bedroom or touch the spirit altars.
- Please ask before taking photographs.
- Please remove your shoes and hats before entering villager's houses and That In Hang stupa.
Things to take with you:
- Shoes for trekking (Running shoes are ok).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent and hat
- Cameral and binoculars (if you have them).
- bathing clothes and towel (Salong for women)
1 Day Trekking Map