- Trekking Tour
2 Day Trek
Ban Phonsim Home stay and Nong Lom Lake
Location: Dong Natad Provincial Protected Area, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR
- Learn about the importance of the forest to local people's lives and the local economy.
- Try some of the forest products used for food, medicine, fuel, and other purposes.
- Listen to the music of the forest created by the birds, insects and animals.
- Visit the beautiful Nong Lom and Turtle lakes.
- Walk under the towering trees of a spectacular emerald green forest.
- Learn about traditional village crafts including weaving, and making the mats and torches.
- Visit the spiritual heart of Savannakhet, That Ing Hang stupa, one of the most important religious sites in Laos.
- If you are lucky you may encounter monkeys which are considered sacred.
- Experience traditional story-telling, music, dancing, and Baci ceremony.
- Stay in a Lao family home in Ban Phonsim village and try traditional Lao food and drink.
- Make merit by giving alms to the monks in the early morning.
- Explore the remains of the former capital of Savannakhet province: 'Meuang Kao'.
2 Day Trek: Dong Natad-Ban Phonsim Village Home stay and Nong Lom Lake
(First day 18 km of trekking, and different village home stay.)
1 pax: US$ 95
2-3 pax: US$ 53 / pax
4-7 pax: US$ 42 / pax
8-10 pax: US$ 37 / pax
Maximum group size 10
Depart from: Savannakhet Eco-Guide Unit ( or pick up at Hotel, Guest house)
Start time: 8:00 am
End at : 4:00 pm ( Second day)
Duration: 2 day trek
Departure date: Daily
Activities: Trekking, Bird watching, Home stay
Grade: easy trekking
Accommodation: Home stay
Meal: Lunch first day, Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch (4 meals), is local Lao food. A typical meal includes chicken, soup, sticky rice, vegetables and chili. Vegetarian food is available upon request.
What’s included: Hotel/ guesthouse pick up and all transportation during the trek,Transport to / from Savannakhet from other provinces is not included, Provincial and village guide service. All meals and home stay during the trek, entrance fee for stupa, Drinking water during the trek, contribution and village development funds, all tax and service charges.
- As parts of Dong Natad forest are considered sacred, please follow all instructions from guides and local people.
- Do not hunt wildlife or damage plants.
- Do not take products out of the forest without first checking with your guide.
- Tell the guide if you see anything wildlife.
- Do Not destroy or remove any ancient relics.
- Never give medicine or food to villagers, particulary children.
- Do not bring alcohol in to That In Hang stupa.
- When visiting the villager's house, do not enter the owner's bedroom or touch the spirit altars.
- Please ask before taking photographs.
- Please remove your shoes and hats before entering villager's houses and That In Hang stupa.
Things to take with you:
- Shoes for trekking (Running shoes are ok).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent and hat
- Cameral and binoculars (if you have them).
- bathing clothes and towel (Salong for women)
2 Day Trekking Map