- Trekking Tour
3 Day Trek:
Lowland Lao Cultural Home stayLocation: Dong Natad Provincial Protected Area, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR
- Experience traditional storytelling, music, dancing and Baci ceremony.
- Learn how to cook Lao food with villagers.
- Learn about the importance of the forest to people's lives and to the local economy.
- Try some of the forest products used for food, medicine, fuel and other purposes.
- Listen to the music of the forest created by the birds, insects and animals.
- Visit the beautiful Turtle lake.
- Walk under the towering trees of the a spectacular emerald forest.
- Learn about traditional village crafts, including weaving, and making mats and torches.
- Experience a lowland home stay in the village.
- If you are lucky you may encounter monkeys which are considered sacred.
- Stay in Lao family home in Ban Song village and try traditional Lao food and drink.
- Make merit by giving alms to the monks in the early morning.
3 Day Trek: Lowland Lao Cultural Home stay
1 pax: US$ 189
2-3 pax: US$ 105 / pax
4-7 pax: US$ 80 / pax
8-10 pax: US$ 62 / pax
Maximum group size 10
Depart from: Savannakhet Eco-Guide Unit ( or pick up at Hotel, Guest house)
Start time: 8:00 am
End at : 4:00 pm ( third day)
Duration: 3 days 2 nights
Departure date: Daily
Activities: Trekking, Home stay
Grade: Easy trekking
Accommodation: Home stay
Meal: Lunch first day, Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch (7 meals), is local Lao food. A typical meal includes chicken, soup, sticky rice, vegetables and chili. Vegetarian food is available upon request.
What’s included: Hotel/ guesthouse pick up and all transportation during the trek,Transport to / from Savannakhet from other provinces is not included, Provincial and village guide service. All meals and home stay during the trek, entrance fee for stupa, Drinking water during the trek, contribution and village development funds, all tax and service charges.
- As parts of Dong Natad forest are considered sacred, please follow all instructions from guides and local people.
- Do not hunt wildlife or damage plants.
- Do not take products out of the forest without first checking with your guide.
- Tell the guide if you see anything wildlife.
- Do Not destroy or remove any ancient relics.
- Never give medicine or food to villagers, particulary children.
- When visiting the villager's house, do not enter the owner's bedroom or touch the spirit altars.
- Please ask before taking photographs.
- Please remove your shoes and hats before entering villager's houses.
Things to take with you:
- Shoes for trekking (Running shoes are ok).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent and hat.
- Cameral and binoculars (if you have them).
- bathing clothes and towel (Salong for women)
3 Day Trekking Map (Lowland Lao)