- Trekking Tour
4 Day Trek:
Mountains of the Elephant ParadeLocation: Phu Xang Hae, National Protected Area, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR
- Visit the heartland of the Phuthai ethnic group.
- Trek through thick jungle, mixed deciduous forest and across bare rocky outcrops.
- Enjoy panoramic views over Khammouane Province and the Annamite mountains.
- Witness traditional techniques used in agriculture, silk production ans weaving.
- Try some of the forest products used by local people.
- Listen to the music of the countryside, you may even hear gibbons singing as the sun rises.
- Hear the legend of 'Nang Loun and Nang Laa' two sisters whose epic story leads you through rock mormations along the mountain range.
- Explore Tham Xang See (elephant scratching cave) which has been rubbed smooth by wild elephants.
- Trek to Darn Sao Hai, the cry girl peak.
4 day trek: Mountains of the Elephant Parade
1 pax: US$ 380
2-3 pax: US$ 230 / pax
4-7 pax: US$ 190 / pax
8-10 pax: US$ 120 / pax
Maximum group size 10
Depart from: Savannakhet Eco-Guide Unit (or pick up at Hotel, Guest house)
Start time: 7:00 am
End at : 5:30 pm ( fourth day)
Duration: 4 days/ three nights trek
Departure date: Daily
Activities: Trekking, Camping
Grade: Challenging trek
Transport: Sontheaw (Local - bus)
Accommodation: Home stay, Camping
Meal: Lunch first day, Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch last day (10 meals), is local Lao food. A typical meal includes chicken, soup, sticky rice, vegetables and chili. Vegetarian food is available upon request.
What’s included: Hotel/ guesthouse pick up and all transportation during the trek,Transport to / from Savannakhet from other provinces is not included, Provincial and village guide service. All meals and home stay during the trek, entrance fee for stupa, Drinking water during the trek, contribution and village development funds, all tax and service charges.
- Trekkers must stay together and follow all instructions from the guides.
- Do not hunt wild life or damage plants.
- Do not take products out of the forest without checking with your guide.
- If you see any animals or birds please tell the guides.
- Do not destroy or remove any ancient relics.
- Never give medicine or food etc to villagers, particularly children.
- Do not bath or sleep in nude.
- Please remove your shoes and hat before entering a house.
- Men and women are not allowed to sleep in the same room, even if they are married. This is strict taboo with serious consequences for the villagers.
- Do not sleep with your feet pointing towards another perosn's head.
- visitors and villagers of different genders are not allowed to be together without others present.
- Men and women are not allowed to hung and kiss inside the house or in the village grounds.
- Do not touch the village's sacred items.
- Do not put your skirt or trousers on the curtain line or in places where peole usually stay.
- Do not enter the home owner's bedroom.
- Take care of your belongings.
- Please ask before taking photographs.
- Please respect ethnic culture and traditions.
Things to take with you:
- Shoes for trekking (Running shoes are ok).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent and hat.
- Cameral and binoculars (if you have them).
- bathing clothes and towel (Salong for women)
- Good torch/Flashlight
- Warm clothes
- Sleeping & Tent at the Eco-Guide Unit available
4 Day Trekking Map