- Cycling Tour
Two Day Cycling Tour
Dong Natad Cycling Tour and Ban Phonsim Home stay
Location: Dong Natad Provincial Protected Area Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR
- Learn about the importance of the forest to people’s lives and the local economy.
- Try some of the forest products used for food, medicine, fuel and other purposes.
- Visit the beautiful Nong Lom and Turtle lakes.
- Learn about traditional village crafts including weaving, making mats, and torches.
- Visit the spiritual heart of Savannakhet, That Ing Hang stupa, one of the most important religious sites in Laos.
- If you are lucky you muay encounter monkeys which are considered sacred.
- Experience traditional story-telling, music, dancing and Baci ceremony.
- Stay in a Lao family home in Ban Phonsim village and try traditional Lao food and drink.
- Make merit by giving alms to the monkeys in the early morning.
2 Day Dong Natad Cycling Tour
Dong Natad cycling to the Towering Ancient Forest
1 pax: US$ 77
2-3 pax: US$ 40 / pax
4-7 pax: US$ 32 / pax
8-10 pax: US$ 25 / pax
Maximum group size 10
Depart from: Savannakhet Eco-Guide Unit
Start time: 7:00 am
End at : 4:00 pm ( Second day)
Duration: 2 day cycling trek
Departure date: Daily
Activities: cycling trek
Grade: Easy cycling trek
Transport: Mountain bike
Accommodation: Home stay
Meal: Lunch first day, Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch (4 meals), is local Lao food. A typical meal includes chicken, soup, sticky rice, vegetables and chili. Vegetarian food is available upon request.
What’s included: Bicycle, Provincial and village guide service. All meals and home stay during the trek, entrance fee for stupa, Drinking water during the trek, Contribution and village development funds, all tax and service charges.
Things to take with you
- Shoes for Cycling (Running shoes are ok).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent and hat
- Cameral and binoculars (if you have them).
- Toiletries and towel (Salong for women)
2 Day Cycling Tour: Map